Sue Vasey’s early career in Regional Finance Staff Development for the NHS Executive involved supporting the professional development of staff across the region and administering the NHS Graduate Recruitment Scheme for hospitals in the North of England. This early experience ingrained the importance of Continuous Professional Development for all and is highly valued at SVC.
Sue holds a Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management (with distinction) and Business Administration and a Level 5 Diploma in Mentoring. Your Consortium’s Bringing It All Together Programme was developed from Sue’s initial work to provide a CPD tool for Chief Executives and Senior Managers in the voluntary and community sector. This has since been accredited by SFEDI as a Level 7 qualification. Sue walked the talk by undertaking the programme in 2015.
In addition, Sue undertakes a range of roles and activities that contribute to her CPD, including
- Member of Your Consortium’s Associate Bank, benefiting from their updates, training and development activities to ensure knowledge is kept up to date and new skills are developed.
- I am an Associate of the Ideas Mine and share information and training opportunities through this route
- Chair of Trustees for Orb Community Arts, to ensure knowledge and experience of the grassroots is maintained and further developed
- Attendance at Conferences (such as the North Yorkshire Partnership Conference) and Workshops such as The Big Lottery’s Ideas Lab)
- Training appropriate to the consultancy role, for example, I recently undertook Dementia Friend training to help me better understand a client’s provision to improve my ability to effectively work with them
- I formally mentor a senior manager in a front line organisation and have benefited from I mentoring from a senior manager at NYCC
Relationship building is a key strength within SVC. We have good interpersonal skills and are at our best in situations where we are required to deal with people. We are enthusiastic about the projects we undertake and have the ability to persuade and motivate others. We are loyal to people and causes and conscientious about obligations, enabling clients to quickly develop trust and faith in our services.